This project is read-only.

Framework feedback.

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:21 PM
Please let me know if you are using or have used the Mobile MVC framework in your applications.

What would you like to be changed in the framework? Which functionality is missing?

-Alex
Nov 13, 2008 at 9:17 AM
Edited Nov 13, 2008 at 9:17 AM
I'm using the first version of your MVC framework (the one with IView explicit implementation) currently and I like the approach quite a lot. I didn't face any problems with it yet and to be honest, I like the explicit IView + events approach more than the approach you chose in your MVC v2 contained in this project. But maybe the time will come and I'll realize that I should upgrade ;) Anyhow thanks for the energy you put in this project - I was missing MVC in my CF applications a lot.

Filip
Nov 13, 2008 at 1:46 PM
Filip,

Thanks for the kind words, but the "first version" is not a framework. It's a code pattern. Whereas this Mobile MVC is a framework that takes care of a few gory details for the developers, reducing the amount of code that needs to be written and maintained.

-Alex
Dec 3, 2008 at 5:12 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2008 at 5:13 PM
I'm using the latest release of MobileMVC, 10 Nov 2008. I must say, that's quite a piece of work. I'm new to this MVC pattern and this framework showed exactly how it can be easily used.
I found a bug in your framework, should i submit it into the Issue Tracker?

Gonçalo
Dec 4, 2008 at 12:09 AM

Hi Gonçalo,

Could you please submit your bug as a new discussion topic?

Thanks... Alex

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:37 PM
I have fixed the issue that Gonçalo has reported.
I've added NavigationHistory class that's using the LinkList undernearth.

Please let me know if you should encounter more bugs or other functionality that you think is missing from the framework.

Thanks... Alex
Mar 2, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Hi Alex,

Great work on the framework!

I'm currently using it for a project involving Motorola/Symbol scanners, one bit of functionality I found useful and ended up adding was the ability to retrieve the current controller from the NavigationService. This is useful for a project such as this as I'm able to handle the scanner reads in the background and forward them to the currently active controller so long as it implements my scanning client interface.

Aside from that I've found the framework to be highly useful and efficient to work with.

Tarynt

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:04 AM
Thank you, Tarynt.

In fact in the later version of the code I did added the GetCurrent to the NavigationService as well. I will be updating the code soon.
And it's going to include some other useful updates.

-Alex